cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rchavhanCAP11
Level: Powered On

How to capture multiple images in PowerApps and send it in the record of entity in Dynamics365(CRM)?

Hi,

I am trying to capture multiple images through a Canvas PowerApps and trying to send it in a record of entity in Dynamicws365(CRM). If possible please provide detailed and step by step process. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to capture multiple images in PowerApps and send it in the record of entity in Dynamics365(CRM)?

Hi @rchavhanCAP11 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Which type column do you use to store image data? Image Type field?

Further, do you want to capture multiple images from your app, and save them into a single one record in your D365 CRM Entity (CDS Entity)?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the Attachments functionality within CDS Entity could achieve your needs. Actually, the D365 CRM Entity is based on the CDS Entity in same PowerApps Environment (D365 instance), so please use CDS Entity as data source in your app instead of your D365 Entity.

Firstly, please find the corresponding Entity in your CDS, click "Settings" option, then enable the "Attachments" functionality as below:1.JPG

then you could generate an app based on your CDS Entity, go to the Edit screen, select the Edit form, click "Edit fields" option, and enable "Attachments" field within the Edit form as below:2.JPG

After that, you could add multiple files within the Attachments control as below:

3.JPG

when you saving your record, these attached files would be saved into the Notes Entity in your CDS as below:4.JPG

You could also reference the attached images files from a record in your CDS Entity through the Attachments field.

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rchavhanCAP11

Re: How to capture multiple images in PowerApps and send it in the record of entity in Dynamics365(CRM)?

Hi,
I have tried solution which is given by you, I have selected CDS Entity, then gone to Edit screen, select the Edit option form,after that clicked on  "Edit fields" option, and enable "Attachments" field, but I am unable to see any attach button during play/preview my screen.
Detailed Info:
Actually I am working on two screen which is Screen5 and Screen6. I am populating case entity details on Screen5 with the help of CDS and printing its case id on Screen6. So I need to attach few images over here with Attach Button.
On Screen6  I am getting There is nothing attached and Attach Button, when I am playing it it showing No item to display. Please guide me to move further.
For better understanding here I am attaching screenshots of my screen5, screen6 and screen6(while play/preview mode).

rchavhanCAP11

Hi,

I have tried the steps given by you. By going on CDS Entity, then Edit screen, after that Edit form, click "Edit fields" option, and I have enabled "Attachments" field and I am getting a page where its saying There is nothing attached and a Attach button.
But when I am playing(preview) that screen only, I am getting No item display.

For better understanding of it I am attaching screenshot, please guide me to move further.

Here I am populated case entity on Screen5 of my app through CDS and trying to show its case number on Screen6 which is working fine, but I am unable to attach any file/image.
Note: My screen6 is a form page and I have taken DataCard on it.

rchavhanCAP11

Hi,

I have tried the steps given by you. By going on CDS Entity, then Edit screen, after that Edit form, click "Edit fields" option, and I have enabled "Attachments" field and I am getting a page where its saying There is nothing attached and a Attach button.
But when I am playing(preview) that screen only, I am getting No item display.

For better understanding of it I am attaching screenshot, please guide me to move further.

Here I am populated case entity on Screen5 of my app through CDS and trying to show its case number on Screen6 which is working fine, but I am unable to attach any file/image.
Note: My screen6 is a form page and I have taken DataCard on it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,238)