cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DirkKotze
Regular Visitor

How to extract data from an entity, transform it, and load transformed data into new entity

I would like to extract the data in one of my custom entities into Power Query, transform it, and load the transformed data into a new entity. Is this possible?

I looked at the 'Blank Query' option under 'Get Data' in Power Apps -> Data -> Entities, but can't figure out how to state the source so that I can reference my entities and the data contained by it.

Or am I approaching it in the wrong way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DirkKotze
Regular Visitor

Re: How to extract data from an entity, transform it, and load transformed data into new entity

Thank you @thomasB21. My got lost a few times, but got to where I needed to get to ;-). Some of the options you refer to, are different on my side. The steps I followed to get to the page you refer to is the following:

1. In Power Apps, click on the Settings icon

2. Select Advanced Settings. A Dynamics 365 page opens

3. Click on the down arrow next to the Settings heading

4. Select Customizations

5. Select Developer Resources

6. The URL I am looking for is the Service Root URL, under the heading Instance Web API.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
thomasB21
Regular Visitor

Re: How to extract data from an entity, transform it, and load transformed data into new entity

Hey there !

I posted quite the same question this morning. The way I did it is by using a Dataflow then Odata as connector, giving me access to my entities in power query to create a new entity to populate with the data the way I want it to be formatted.

The Odata link for my connector was found in dynamics admin page : go first to the admin of your environnement then the icon for settings > advanced setttings. On this page I clicked on the arrow next to Settings > Personnalisations > Developers Ressources. There is a section named "api web url" or something similar where you have a url of the type https://<your-org>.api.crm4.dynamics.com/api/data/v9.1/. 

Hope this helps !

Thomas

DirkKotze
Regular Visitor

Thank you @thomasB21. My got lost a few times, but got to where I needed to get to ;-). Some of the options you refer to, are different on my side. The steps I followed to get to the page you refer to is the following:

1. In Power Apps, click on the Settings icon

2. Select Advanced Settings. A Dynamics 365 page opens

3. Click on the down arrow next to the Settings heading

4. Select Customizations

5. Select Developer Resources

6. The URL I am looking for is the Service Root URL, under the heading Instance Web API.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (6,126)