cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

How to insert data in table that is created as part of a N:N relationship using CDS API

Hi,

I have a Product table and Product Category table, each Product can be a part of multiple categories. I have created the Product and Product Category entity and set a N:N relationship between the 2 entities.

I have a console application that calls the CDS API to get the data from the entities or add records in the entities and it is working fine. But when I am trying to call the CDS API to insert data into the meta table that is created as part of the N:N relationship then the API call fails. 

Any help on this will be appreciated

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Error faced during API Call

Adding to the question, the error we are facing is HTTP 400 - Bad Request. The model being passed to the API is identical to the fields present in the metadata entity, still the call is failing. We tried accessing the same request URI in browser just to be sure if there is no mistake in the path, and it worked absolutely fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (10,479)