cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black_Magic100
Level: Powered On

How to save pictures that are not 144x144

I am simply trying to display images saved in CDS in a larger resolution than 144x144.  I have been endlesly trying to solve this for the past 8 hours, but to no avail.  Storing images was the entire reason I used CDS and it stores them horribly.  Am I doing something wrong?  Do I have to use collections?

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to save pictures that are not 144x144

Hi @Black_Magic100 ,

Do you want to store a image which is large than 144 pixels by 144 pixels into your CDS Entity?

When you store the images files into the Image field of a CDS Entity, there are some limits you need to know.

1. The uploaded Images must be less than 5120 KB and must one of the following formats:

• jpg
  • jpeg
  • gif
  • tif
  • tiff
  • bmp
  • png

2. When an image is uploaded, it will be resized to a maximum size of 144 pixels by 144 pixels.

3. When the image is uploaded, it will be converted to a .jpg format and all downloaded images will also use this format. 

If you upload a image file which is large than 144 pixels by 144 pixels, the uploaded image would be resized to 144 pixels by 144 pixels. In other words, you uploaded image may be distorted or blurry.

More details about the limits about the Image field in CDS Entity, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/types-of-fields#image-fields

As an alternative solution, you could consider store your Image file within SQL Table or Excel table stored in your OneDrive folder.

If you want to store your image file within your SQL Table, please check the response from @

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Black_Magic100
Level: Powered On

Would blob storage be better/easier than Excel or SQL?
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Black_Magic100 ,

Yeah.  The blob storage would be today far more scalable than SQL Table or Excel Table.

SQL Table is great when you want to work with structured data using relations, indexes, constraints, etc. Azure blob storage is great when you need to work with centralized structured data without relations and usually with large volumes.

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the blob storage be better/easier than Excel or SQL Table.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,982)