cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

How to save retired data from an excel spreadsheet to a gallery and save it to a list in the sharpoint?

Hello!
I have a screen in my app that part of it is a form where I enter information to save to a list in Sharepoint, and another part of the screen searches for information in a table in excel.
When you click on the save button it saves both the information that is in the form and the information that is in the gallery from the excel search.
I want to save all the information in my list in Sharepoint, would it be possible?
Hugs!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to save retired data from an excel spreadsheet to a gallery and save it to a list in the sharpoint?

Hi @Leandrosg 

First, you need to have columns in your SharePoint list to receive the information.  The OOB forms in PowerApps are useful in general but when your requirements are more complicated, it is better to create your own form.  @Meneghino 's blog has a very good description of exactly how to do this.   https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/28/powerapps-101-create-your-own-forms/ 

The ability to customize your data entry forms will serve you well in the future so it is worth learning how to do it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: How to save retired data from an excel spreadsheet to a gallery and save it to a list in the sharpoint?

Hi @Leandrosg 

First, you need to have columns in your SharePoint list to receive the information.  The OOB forms in PowerApps are useful in general but when your requirements are more complicated, it is better to create your own form.  @Meneghino 's blog has a very good description of exactly how to do this.   https://baizini-it.com/blog/index.php/2017/09/28/powerapps-101-create-your-own-forms/ 

The ability to customize your data entry forms will serve you well in the future so it is worth learning how to do it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (9,502)