cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

How to set default value of owner field as "Users BU" team name in the entity record?

Hello,

I have been looking into ways for changing the default value of "Owner" field and created a business rule for the same as follows:

set default value of owner.png

However this is not working even after activating this business rule. Can you please help, how can I set the default value of "Owner" field for the entity record?

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Re: How to set default value of owner field as "Users BU" team name in the entity record?

Alright, it worked out after changing the action as "Set field Value" instead of "Set Default Value" 🙂

Thanks,

Highlighted

Re: How to set default value of owner field as "Users BU" team name in the entity record?

Verify that it works dependably when you create records outside of the form, such as a data import. Entity level business rules generally work outside the form, but sometimes are hit or miss. For this type of thing I would use a real time workflow, which will work. I matter how you create the record 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,023)