cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SwethaC
Level: Powered On

How to sync the data between Dynamics 365 "Sales" and "Common Data Service"?

Hi,

I want to validate the working of the CDM(Common Data Model) that manages the common data across various platforms.
I have referred the below links and tried to establish the connections as facilitated in power apps:

https://www.gigxp.com/powerapps-data-integration/
https://community.dynamics.com/365/b/dynamics365bysandeepchaudhury/archive/2017/07/20/common-data-se...

But, the issue is, I don't find any template to sync the data between Sales and CDS when I tried to create the new project.

Please let me know how to validate the working of the Common Data Service provided by Microsoft.

Also, where it keeps the data if I've integrated data from "Sales" to "CDS" AND from "CDS" to "Fin ops"? Does it keep all the data in the CDS only? OR it keeps redundant data on all platforms.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Re: How to sync the data between Dynamics 365 "Sales" and "Common Data Service"?

Hi @SwethaC - if you're using Dynamics 365 for Sales V9 or above, your data is already available in the Common Data Service, it's the same platform - so there is no need to perform any data integration. If you log into web.powerapps.com, you can select your environment from the drop down in the top right corner. Then you can use PowerApps and the Common Data Service with your Dynamics data.

If you're not able to see your environment in the PowerApps portal, your environment might not yet be enabled. If you send me a message with your environment URL and we can make sure it's connected.

Thanks,
Clay.
SwethaC

Re: How to sync the data between Dynamics 365 "Sales" and "Common Data Service"?

@CWesener, thank you for your response.

->As per I have understood the concept of CDS, it is the common database for all the platforms.

If I require the additional entities or fields, I can create my custom ones if not present in CDS. I can make use of Microsoft Flows to sync the data among multiple platforms using CDS. Also, I can generate the power BI reports using CDS environment. MS keeps redundant data for customers (their common fields/attributes) in CDS, Dynamics 365 sales (CE), and Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations, if I talk about 365 sales and FinOps integration for an example.

Is this understanding correct?

->I am able to select the environment in the PowerApps portal. No issue with that.

Can I still get clarified with the below issues I got?

->How to see the data in CDS? I am not able to see the same data in the CDS trial instance like that in Sales instance.

->How to create the customer in Finance and operations, if an account is created in Dynamics Sales.

->I have created the trial instance for Finance and Operations. But I am not able to select the environment of the created instance during data integration as in the attached snapshot. How to get the trial instance for Finance and operations?

->Most of the templates provided make use of Finance and operations while creating the project.

What can be the way if I want to sync data between other platforms? For example - between outlook

web and D365 sales?

→ Can I create my custom template for a project?

SwethaC

Can we create our own project template other than the predefined templates?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,628)