cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koby
Level: Powered On

I want using Option Set field choose label value

I have created an entity using the option set.

In Flow, however, [value] can be selected but [label] can not be selected.

Does anyone know how to display label characters?

koby

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: I want using Option Set field choose label value

Hi @koby,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration? Is it a Microsoft Flow?

Further, do you want to get the OptionSetField_[Label] property within your flow?

I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. The Option Set Filed_[Label] property could not be selected directly within the Dynamic content panel, the screenshot as below:3.JPGNote: The Approval_Status column is a Option Set type column within my CDS Entity (On my side, it is TaskLists). We could only select Option Set Field_[Value] property (dynamic content) within the Dynamic content panel.

If you want to get the Option Set Filed_[Label] property within your flow, please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

Within Map field of "Select" action, enter two entries. The Key of first entry set to Approval Status Label, corresponding Value set to following formula:

item()?['_crd1f_approve_status_label']

On your side, you should type:

item()?['_crd1f_YourOptionSetField_label']

The Key of second entry set to Approval Status Value, corresponding Value set to Approval_Status Value dynamic content.

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

On your side, in order to get corresponding [Label] property related to your Option Set field, you should add a "List records" action within your flow and run your flow, then expand the "List records" action run history, the [Label] property (marked as yellow) would show up as below:4.JPG

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @koby,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @koby,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration? Is it a Microsoft Flow?

Further, do you want to get the OptionSetField_[Label] property within your flow?

I have made a test, and the issue is confirmed on my side. The Option Set Filed_[Label] property could not be selected directly within the Dynamic content panel, the screenshot as below:3.JPGNote: The Approval_Status column is a Option Set type column within my CDS Entity (On my side, it is TaskLists). We could only select Option Set Field_[Value] property (dynamic content) within the Dynamic content panel.

If you want to get the Option Set Filed_[Label] property within your flow, please take a try with the following workaround:5.JPG

Within Map field of "Select" action, enter two entries. The Key of first entry set to Approval Status Label, corresponding Value set to following formula:

item()?['_crd1f_approve_status_label']

On your side, you should type:

item()?['_crd1f_YourOptionSetField_label']

The Key of second entry set to Approval Status Value, corresponding Value set to Approval_Status Value dynamic content.

The flow works successfully as below:6.JPG

On your side, in order to get corresponding [Label] property related to your Option Set field, you should add a "List records" action within your flow and run your flow, then expand the "List records" action run history, the [Label] property (marked as yellow) would show up as below:4.JPG

More details about using expression in flow actions, please check the following article:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/use-expressions-in-actions/

Best regards,

Kris

koby

Hi Kris

Thank you for your response.

It was a very understandable answer.

I will also share this information in Japan.

Arigato.

koby

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @koby,

Have you solved your problem?

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead and click “Accept as Solution” so that this thread will be marked for other users to easily identify.

Best regards,

Kris

Highlighted
tcorcor1

Hi Koby,

All you need to do is input an expression like the below example into the field. 

i.e. Field schema name is xpp_objective:

Add this expression into the field (assuming the field is in the triggerBody):

triggerBody()?['_xpp_objective_label']

This will give you the label as a result

SimonNie

That does not seem to work for the "Common Data Service (current environment)" / List records connector. The label is not even fetched from the CDS, it is not even available in the JSON response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,713)