cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bahaaa_bouakl
Level: Powered On

Import Business Central (Dynamics NAV) data with multiple companies into CDS

Suppose i have a Dynamics BC (Business Central / NAV) on-premises DB with more than one company

how to import this data into CDS taking into account the data of each company?

Should i use Azure Data Lake folders?

or add an "Company ID" filed to each entity?

how the data Flow shoudl be modeled?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Import Business Central (Dynamics NAV) data with multiple companies into CDS

Hi @bahaaa_bouakl ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to import data from multiple companies Dynamics Business Central / NAV into a CDS Entity once time?

If you want to import data from multiple companies Dynamics Business Central / NAV into a CDS Entity once time, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you want to import this data into a CDS Entity taking into account the data of each company, you should add a "Company ID" column into your Entity to identify which company the current record belongs to.

If you want to import data from Dynamics Business Central / NAV to a CDS Entity, I think the Data Integration project could achieve your needs.

More details about Data Integration in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/data-integrator

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Import Business Central (Dynamics NAV) data with multiple companies into CDS

Hi @bahaaa_bouakl ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to import data from multiple companies Dynamics Business Central / NAV into a CDS Entity once time?

If you want to import data from multiple companies Dynamics Business Central / NAV into a CDS Entity once time, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you want to import this data into a CDS Entity taking into account the data of each company, you should add a "Company ID" column into your Entity to identify which company the current record belongs to.

If you want to import data from Dynamics Business Central / NAV to a CDS Entity, I think the Data Integration project could achieve your needs.

More details about Data Integration in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/data-integrator

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bahaaa_bouakl
Level: Powered On

If you want to import this data into a CDS Entity taking into account the data of each company, you should add a "Company

i thought so...thank you

Thank you for the "Data Integration projec" link. it will be much of help. i will look in to it.

thanks again for your help.

ID" column into your Entity to identify which company the current record belongs to.