cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bahaaa_bouakl
Level: Powered On

Import Business Central (Dynamics NAV) data with multiple companies into CDS

Suppose i have a Dynamics BC (Business Central / NAV) on-premises DB with more than one company

how to import this data into CDS taking into account the data of each company?

Should i use Azure Data Lake folders?

or add an "Company ID" filed to each entity?

how the data Flow shoudl be modeled?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Import Business Central (Dynamics NAV) data with multiple companies into CDS

Hi @bahaaa_bouakl ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to import data from multiple companies Dynamics Business Central / NAV into a CDS Entity once time?

If you want to import data from multiple companies Dynamics Business Central / NAV into a CDS Entity once time, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you want to import this data into a CDS Entity taking into account the data of each company, you should add a "Company ID" column into your Entity to identify which company the current record belongs to.

If you want to import data from Dynamics Business Central / NAV to a CDS Entity, I think the Data Integration project could achieve your needs.

More details about Data Integration in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/data-integrator

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Import Business Central (Dynamics NAV) data with multiple companies into CDS

Hi @bahaaa_bouakl ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to import data from multiple companies Dynamics Business Central / NAV into a CDS Entity once time?

If you want to import data from multiple companies Dynamics Business Central / NAV into a CDS Entity once time, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you want to import this data into a CDS Entity taking into account the data of each company, you should add a "Company ID" column into your Entity to identify which company the current record belongs to.

If you want to import data from Dynamics Business Central / NAV to a CDS Entity, I think the Data Integration project could achieve your needs.

More details about Data Integration in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/data-integrator

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

bahaaa_bouakl
Level: Powered On

If you want to import this data into a CDS Entity taking into account the data of each company, you should add a "Company

i thought so...thank you

Thank you for the "Data Integration projec" link. it will be much of help. i will look in to it.

thanks again for your help.

ID" column into your Entity to identify which company the current record belongs to.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 233 members 5,112 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: