cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
_francois
Level: Power Up

Is it possible roll back a PowerApps data source (CDS) to a point in time (PITR)?

When using PowerApps and the CDS, is it possible to roll-back the data to a point in time (PITR) without changing the version of the app itself? Someone (no names) deleted some data in December which was not discovered until later. We need to roll-back to correct the error and re-enter data from that point. Is there a function within CDS or PowerApps that I can use? Or, how can this be achieved?
Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
SKH19
Level 10

Re: Is it possible roll back a PowerApps data source (CDS) to a point in time (PITR)?

Hi @_francois 

Go to admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com and click on Environments on the left. Select the environment you want to restore from the list. Then at the top click Backups > Restore or Manage. Select the date and time you want to restore from. I believe it goes back 28 days.

---
Please hit the "Accept as Solution" button if my post answered your question! If my post was helpful please consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Re: Is it possible roll back a PowerApps data source (CDS) to a point in time (PITR)?

Note that restoring an environment will restore both the data, and any customisations to that point in time. There is no way to restore the data without the customisations

FPJ
Level: Power Up

Thanks @SKH19 and @DavidJennaway  - I'll check to see if any customisations have been done since the date we want to rollback to before doing the restore.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Users online (6,668)