cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larmccoy42
Level: Powered On

Is it safe to delete a CDS connector and recreate it?

I have been using some of the experimental feature in PowerApps (and CDS?)  and am now experiencing issues with the CDS connector reading metadata from a D365 environment.  The OptionSet values for the Status Reason field on my custom entity are not reflecting the changes that I've made in the CDS/D365 intance. I have published my  recent customizations (multiple times), but still have had no luck. I am planning to delete the CDS connector and recreate it.

I'd like confirmation as to whether I can remove the CDS connector from my environment, and then add it back again, and whether this will impact my Canvas app that is using the connector.  The Canvas app has about 20 data sources connected to various entities in CDS.

Is there any risk doing this?  I have exported a solution containing my PowerApp, so I feel that my changes are somewhat safe.  Since the the Connector does not get exported, I assume that the system can safely "recreate" my data sources and connect my App to it, because it would need to do that on import of a PowerApp in a solution.

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Is it safe to delete a CDS connector and recreate it?

Hi @larmccoy42 

Re-adding the connections won't affect your app. You can remove them from the Data Sources, and then add them back.

Since you have multiple entities added to your application, you have to select all the entities again, or your app will not function properly because of missing data sources.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,584)