cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DTR-Matt
Level: Power Up

Issues with Flows using Approval App

I've seen a few other posts on this, but they don't have solutions.

If I try to create a Flow using the Approval App, it hangs on the Create Approval step of the Flow.

It returns the following Error:

{
"error": {
"code": "XrmInstanceProvisioningIncomplete",
"message": "A Common Data Service database for this environment has not completed provisioning or does not support the requested approvals functionality. A database administrator must save a Flow using approvals in order to complete provisioning."
}
}

The user I'm creating the flow under is a Global Admin in my O365 Environment, but I doubt that equals database administrator.

What is wrong and how do I correct it?

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Issues with Flows using Approval App

Hi @DTR-Matt ,

Do you want to create a approval flow using Microsoft Flow?

Have you created/set up a Common Data Service database within your current Microsoft Flow/PowerApps Environment?

Based on the error message that you mentioned, it seems to tell that you do not created a Common Data Service database within your current Microsoft Flow/PowerApps environment.

Actually, the approval history of Microsoft Flow is stored in Common Data Service. If you want to create a approval flow using Microsoft Flow, please make sure that you have set up/created a Common Data Service database within your current Microsoft Flow/PowerApps environment.

More details about Common Data Service for Apps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-intro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.