cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yahya
Level 10

It seams Edit form for CDS 2.0 not working for lookup fields

I am modeling my database, getting data via Open in Excel to CDS 2.0 custome entities, i have a problem with the Form not showing value from related entity.

for instance, i have an entity called AccountEntity, and every supplier has a Country where it exist, has a Type that could be Supplier, Customer, Bank etc, and has a relationship type.

I have an Account gallery that shows in a form the account data including account name, Country, Type and relationship type. The edit form gives me for these 3 look up fields that dropdown list, that i right click and map to read the Name of the field rather than Id or empty. This sometimes works for one look up field sometime for 2 sometime for none, never for the 3. Is CDS 2.0 really working or something happeneing to fix or update at the backend?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

Re: It seams Edit form for CDS 2.0 not working for lookup fields

@Yahya the fix for this has been released and will make its way through deployment starting next week. It will deploy in various regions over the next 1-2 weeks.

Thanks

Anees

14 REPLIES 14
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Yahya - I'm not sure I follow exactly where you're seeing the problem - can you share a screen shot and explain what you're expecting so I can try and help?

Thanks,
Clay.
Yahya
Level 10

Hi @CWesener, happy 4th of July.

I attach 3 screenshots from autogenerated PowerApp connected to a custom entity in CDS 2 by the name of Account. Every Account has a one to many relationship with another custom entity by the name country, and supplier type.

in the brose gallery, as you can see, i could retrieve the account type and country very well without Look up etc. this is Spring Update.

in the View and Edit forms, while i map my datacard properly, see, one relationship works, the other does not work, sometimes if i delete the cards both and recreate them, the first one works, then when i add the other, it works while the first one stop working. 

Via Excel, things are working perfectly, so this problem is inside PowerApp itself, not the entities.

PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Thanks @Yahya. Adding @GregLi from our team to provide some input here. I know we have had some issues when it's added the first time, but if removing and readding is still not working we will need to look into it.

Thanks,
Clay.
Yahya
Level 10

Desperately in wait for a fix. For your information I have tested this on many New enviroments; same. My Enviroments are located in Europe.

PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Yahya sorry for the delay, trying to track this down for you.

PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

@Yahya our team is investigating. Will provide a status update as soon as I have details to share.

Yahya
Level 10

Hi there @CWesener and @anees, any update? I have modeled my database and is working on it via Excel CDS add in, not via PowerApps because of this bug, please fix! 

I swear I am a paid subscriber of Plan P2.

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff anees
PowerApps Staff

Hi @Yahya, I had logged an incident for you and the team was investigating. I have contacted them again and requested a faster turnaround since you are blocked.

Thanks

Anees

Yahya
Level 10

Hi @anees and @CWesener, looking forward!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 185 members 4,168 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: