cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LCJ
Level: Powered On

Joining Dynamics Entities to Custom Tables

I find it will be a very common pattern for me to utilze data from one or more sources, like Dynamics, and join addtional custom data to it to enhance the data. This could be as simple as a list of customers from Dynamics with a favorite field for the app. Is there a tutorial or demonstration of this? When developing apps this would be like a inner join between tables. How does this work in PowerApps? How would you say "give me a list of customers which are my favorites" if favorites were created in a separate table?

3 REPLIES 3
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Re: Joining Dynamics Entities to Custom Tables

are you trying to do this in a Canvas App or in a Model-Driven App? in Canvas apps You can use the functions AddColumns and LookUp to perform joins. please follow the instructions in this link

And for a model-driven app you could create a custom entity for 'Favourites' and create a relationship (N:1 or N:N) between the account and favourites entities

Highlighted
LCJ
Level: Powered On

Canvas apps. I imported a connection from Dynamics 365 and have created a custom table with the intent it be uses to store my favorite accounts. I would like to join it to the Dynamics connector and figure a Lookup Data Type would be the right way to go about this, but I don't have the option of picking from another connector. Only available entities. The Dynamics Connector's don't show up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 191 members 5,407 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: