cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Joining Dynamics Entities to Custom Tables

I find it will be a very common pattern for me to utilze data from one or more sources, like Dynamics, and join addtional custom data to it to enhance the data. This could be as simple as a list of customers from Dynamics with a favorite field for the app. Is there a tutorial or demonstration of this? When developing apps this would be like a inner join between tables. How does this work in PowerApps? How would you say "give me a list of customers which are my favorites" if favorites were created in a separate table?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Re: Joining Dynamics Entities to Custom Tables

are you trying to do this in a Canvas App or in a Model-Driven App? in Canvas apps You can use the functions AddColumns and LookUp to perform joins. please follow the instructions in this link

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

And for a model-driven app you could create a custom entity for 'Favourites' and create a relationship (N:1 or N:N) between the account and favourites entities

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Canvas apps. I imported a connection from Dynamics 365 and have created a custom table with the intent it be uses to store my favorite accounts. I would like to join it to the Dynamics connector and figure a Lookup Data Type would be the right way to go about this, but I don't have the option of picking from another connector. Only available entities. The Dynamics Connector's don't show up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,974)