cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbul
Level: Powered On

Loading data into a many-to-many entity

Hi everyone, I am having trouble loading data into many-to-many entities.  I have created various many-to-many relationships in my model, using both standard entities and custom entities.  After having done that I want to be able to load data into the relationship entity created by CDS.  Using Power Query I get to the "Map Entities" screen and I was expecting the relationship entity to appear in the "Destination entity" drop down box but I don't see any of the many-to-many tables.  Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Loading data into a many-to-many entity

Hi @jbul ,

Do you want to import data with relationship?
I've made a similar test and found that I could find entities with relationships when field mapping.

Please note that the custom entity's name is : "crb4c_...."8201.PNG

What's more, here are some docs about data integration for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-import-export

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-cds-newentity-pq

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
jbul
Level: Powered On

Re: Loading data into a many-to-many entity

Yes, I too can see the entities that have many-to-many relationships.  What I am not able to see is the junction table that is created by the CDS to house the relationship.  In my case I have 2 custom entities: Clinic and Employee, and there is a many-to-many relationship between them.  When the relationship is created CDS tells me that there is a relationship entity called cr9f8_employee_clinic.  But in the Power Query screen I don't see cr9f8_employee_clinic in the target entity drop down list.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 283 members 6,418 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: