cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oangodd
Level: Powered On

Locating CDS Field Groups Tab In PowerApps 2.0

I tried to use the Entity Field Groups tab in the CDS of the new PowerApps 2.0 but I was not able to locate it. Can someone please tell me if this feature is still available for use in PowerApps 2.0 or has it been deprecated. Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Re: Locating CDS Field Groups Tab In PowerApps 2.0

Hello @oangodd - thanks for reaching out - this feature was deprecated in the updated version of the Common Data Service. We are in the process of updating our connector do have similar behaviour but using views instead. 

Thanks,
Clay.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Hello @oangodd - thanks for reaching out - this feature was deprecated in the updated version of the Common Data Service. We are in the process of updating our connector do have similar behaviour but using views instead. 

Thanks,
Clay.

View solution in original post

I've been moving over to the new CDS, its great but by heck there's a load of stuff with no explanation, I all seems to point to Dynamics 365 with next to no guidance on how to get X to happen in powerapps. So as I don't just revert back to CDS1, Does anyone know how to replicate the functions of Field Groups in the new CDS. I've looked at Model Driven apps and tried editing the fields in what looks like something from windows NT, I've tried Views in CDS2. However when I pop a form in from a CDS entity I still get no pre populated cards. I've looked online and found next to nothing.

Does the new Views tab do anything as I keep refreshing and deleting the data conection and there are no changes.

If you've implimented your change would it be possibble to have an updated CDS2 guide as by god we all really need one!

PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Hi @KeithWhatling - at this point there is limited matching capabilities to the original field groups. @LanceDelano is working on improving the defaulting field experience in canvas app - the logic currently used by the connector isnt perfect.

If you're trying to influence the default fields added when building powerapps, currently we use some of the metadata from forms and views - but as I said above, it's not perfect and not the easiest, which is why we are looking at correcting it.

At the moment,

- Your default public view, is used for the Data Table.

- Your Default Card Form, is used for the Gallery

- and your Quick Create Form is used for the Edit and View forms.

This will help influence but it wont be perfect, the reason we havent documented this as a solution yet is before of the gaps that still exist.

Hope this helps,

Clay.

Thanks,
Clay.
Highlighted

Thanks Clay,

I'm rapidly learning all the neuances of CDS2.0.

I'm sure the Dynamics team are learning a whole bunch from you're input into their UI. Like I said the old system was as easy as pie.

Thanks for clarifying it. cheers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,143)