cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ValWol
Level: Powered On

Making a CDS entity from a Sharepoint Online tasklist?

Hey everyone,

I have a very large task list in Sharepoint Online that I need to use for a Canvas App. My Canvas App works fine with a smaller, regular Sharepoint list, but not with the task list. So I'm assuming it's to do with delegation. So I figured I could migrate the data to a CDS entity and connect that into my App.

But when I try to create an entity from a task list (I have tried several task lists) I always get the error "DateTime is less than minumum value supported by CrmDateTime. Actual value: 01/01/0001 00:00:00, Minimum value supported: 01/01/1753 00:00:00" (error code 0x80040239). I've checked and none of the fields are either empty or faulty. The only thing I can find about that error that seems anywhere close to my problem is about a custom CRM entity in Dynamics365.
Am I missing something? Where am I going wrong? This should be possible, right?

Thanks in advance,

Val

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Making a CDS entity from a Sharepoint Online tasklist?

One thing to check would be date format settings. If the connections to SharePoint and CDS are using different date formats (e.g. if one is DD/MM/YYYY and the other MM/DD/YYYY), this could cause some values not to be parsed

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ValWol ,

How do you import/sync data from your SharePoint list to CDS Entity?

Have you taken a try with the "Power Query" functionality in CDS?

Accordind to the issue that you mentioned, it seems to tell that the Date time value format from your SP List does not match that in CDS Entity.

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the 'Power Query' functionality in CDS could achieve your needs. On your side, please consider take a try to import data from your SP List into your CDS Entity using 'Power Query' functionality in CDS, then check if the issue is solved.

More details about importing data into CDS using "Power Query", please refer to the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-cds-newentity-pq

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following steps:

1. Go to your CDS Entity, then click "Get Data" -> "Get Data":

1.JPG

2. Find the "SharePoint Online List" option, then click it. Type your SP Site Address and connection as below:

2.JPG

3. Find your Task List, and select it, thne click "Transform data" buton in bottom:

3.JPG

4. Edit your query to transform your loaded SP List records, then click "Next" button:

4.JPG

5. Load your SharePoint List records into a New Entity rather than existing Entity, and then do fields mapping:

5.JPG

In addition, I also think the "Dataflow" functionality in PowerApps could achieve your needs. More details about the "Dataflow" functionality in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/create-and-use-dataflows

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ValWol

Hey David,

thanks for your suggestion. I checked and they were in the same format. But I tried varying the format, just because and it also didn't make a difference. Also tried to see if it was the data type (Date Time vs. just Date), no effect.

ValWol

Hey @v-xida-msft ,

thank you for your suggestion. This error occurred while using the power query. I tried making a new entity, I tried loading into an existing entity. Nothing seems to work.
I haven't gotten around to checking Data Flows yet. I'll report back if that works.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ValWol ,

Have you taken a try with the "Dataflow" functionality on your side? Is it helpful in your scenario?

When you use 'Power Query' functionality to load data from your SP list into the CDS Entity, please make sure you have done the fields mapping well within above Step5.

If you have any questions about loading data using "Dataflow", please feel free to reply here.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,044)