cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Missing destination Field Data Integration

I'm trying to load data to a entity with a refrence to another table. Both same datatype, when I want to load the data to the entity I get the next error.

Someone knows the cause of solution of it?

Error:

Load to Common Data Service failed. Details: ID: 4919f9ee-861b-4b29-ba11-6b3696f906b2: Missing destination field cr8ca_table.cr8ca_field in the schema. (Job ID: e33b0952-ede2-4b51-a2b4-8f3f3d70fb34)

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Missing destination Field Data Integration

Hi @PauwelsSven,

How do you load data into a entity within your PowerApps?

Further, could you please share more details about your error message?

The error message seems to tell that there is something wrong within the Field Mapping part when you load data to a entity.3.JPG

Please check if you have specified proper column of your source data source for the destination fields.

In addition, please also take a try to select "Load to new entity" option within the Load settings part when you load data into a entity, then check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please take a try to clear cache of your browser, then try it again to check if the issue is solved.

More details about loading data into CDS entity using Power Query, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-cds-newentity-pq

More details about importing data into CDS entity, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-import-export

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Kris,

I do indeed import the data to a custom entity. 

The import has a lookup value to the Sales Invoice Header -> InvoiceID.

There is where the import is stuck.

The ID's are already imported in Sales Invoice Header so I don't know why I get this error.

If I load the data to a new Entity I will lose the link between the entities Sales Invoice Line - Sales Invoice Header.

Regards,

Sven

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, 

I've this error too. I have created a data migration project and the entity migration fails with the same error. 

Thank you

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi

Has anyone found a solution to the error "missing destination field in the schema" when using data flow to load into lookup fields of custom entities.?   

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @LooseChippings 

My suggestion is to use the dynamics data import wizard.  I have a post here with how to do it.  https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Update-on-importing-relational-data-into-CDS... .  I have found it to be a much better alternative but it is not as well documented.  It is available but you have to know how to find it.  

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @PauwelsSven,

My recommendation is to review you field data mapping of your Dataflow like @v-xida-msft mentioned.. Open you Dataflows, by clicking the ellipsis button on the right and click Edit

2020-06-18_14-39-02.png 

It will take you to the Power Query window, hit Next and make sure your mapping are correct. Click Next and Save (make sure you save!) and rerun your Dataflow but selecting Refresh.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you, Drrickryp and Eric.  We have used the dynamics import wizard to initially populate the entities.  Now we are trying to create a real world business app where an administrator will enter 10-12 records per day.  We have no problem entering data using canvas apps, model driven apps and Power Automate but we are trying (unsuccessfully) to create a dataflow with a daily scheduled refresh.  Lookup fields are recognised in the OOTB Contact and Account entities but not custom entities.

May I ask if you have actually managed to achieve updating a custom entity lookup field using data flow?  I'm beginning to think that it is just not possible at this time.   

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Yes you can update a custom entity lookup field

1. create a flow in a solution

2. use the connector called common data service current environment

3. you need to have the iD of the record to put in the lookup field

4. to populate the lookup field you need to add the plural schema name of the entity and the guid for the record in parenthesis. See https://crmtipoftheday.com/1311/use-entity-name-in-flow-lookups/

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @LooseChippings, Yes you can map custom lookup. The trick is to create an alternate key containing that lookup and the Field mapping will then recognize it (thanks @HSheild for the tip). If the lookup is not unique within the records, then add more fields to the key that can make it unique. Here's an example where the PreferredSystemUserId is a lookup:

2020-06-22_9-24-01.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,361)