cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc_Gerner
Level: Powered On

Missing entites when creating a data source

When building a Canvas App and creating a Data Source for my current CDS environment, I miss a lot of entities in the list. Two of the entities I'm missing to far are: Price Lists and Units. Both of there entities are key to create product lines in opportunities, quotes, orders and invoices. Somehow they don't show up in the list.

Does anyone know why these entities don't show up and if there is an option to add them anyway?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marc_Gerner

Re: Missing entites when creating a data source

I just got an answer from MS Support: 

Considering your business requirement I have raised a high severity bug to the product team and monitoring the case on priority.

So we'll have to wait :-)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Super User
Super User

Hi @Marc_Gerner 

Can you please try refreshing the data source? You can try deleting the current connection to the data source and add a fresh connection and try again. 

Hope this Helps!

Marc_Gerner

Hi @yashag2255 

Tried that already, but unfortunately it didn't help. Any other suggestions? :-)

Super User
Super User

Um that is strange. Have you tried loggin out of the current session closing the browser and reconnect? 

Also, do you have an access role that permits you to access these entites? 

Thanks, 

Marc_Gerner

We have this issue on multiple machines and with multiple users, so it's not a caching issue. Just to be sure I logged out, deleted my browser history and cache and closed my browser. Even tried another browser, but still the same issue.

I've tried to change the connections user and that didn't help. Both users that I tried have the System Administrator role in CDS, so that shouldn't be the issue here.

I'm missing multiple entities in the list, just no clue why the entities are missing here...

ZePowerDiver
Level 8

we get the same kind of issue.. the only thing I've noticed is that those entities are not visible in the default view in the CDS entity section:

2019-06-05_3-48-23.png

In the Canvas maker, there's no option to select Default/Custom/All.. seems to only show 'default' entities

Highlighted
Marc_Gerner

Hi @ZePowerDiver ,

I noticed the same thing. I opened up a ticket with MS Support, but unfortunately no response yet. Will keep you guys posted.

Super User
Super User

Hi @Marc_Gerner @ZePowerDiver ]

Can you guys check the environment that you are building the canvas app in? I mean to say is you might havemultiple environements and by default you are logging into an environment and building the app where those entities do not exist. 

Please have a look at the screenshot below: (Try chnaging your environement and check if the issue persists)

testss.png

Hope this Helps!

ZePowerDiver
Level 8

Thanks @yashag2255 but yes environment in the maker is the good one and have also even made sure to select the right one in the data source connection ;-)

2019-06-05_4-01-17.png

Super User
Super User

@ZePowerDiver I tried in my environment and am able to access all of them. I hope the issue you are facing is not due to any lack of security roles to access the entities. If it is not, then I hope Microsoft folks could help!

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Users Online
Currently online: 541 members 4,669 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: