cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Missing entities in CDS compared to Dynamics 365 Talent

Why does the entities in Dynamics 365 Talent differ from the entities we have in CDS? Should those be a one to one mapping? 

I would like to automatically create users in Talent. I can see that we have a users entity in Talent but that entity is missing in the CDS so I can't import/create new users in an automatic way only manually inside the Talent application.

Any ideas?

Best regards

/Adam

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Missing entities in CDS compared to Dynamics 365 Talent

adde1,

I think for you to bring all those missing entities, you will need to create a Solution, and then include the missing entities so that case CDS will also have the solutions when you Publish the Solution. 

I have created Custom entities on my solutions and then I can see those custom entities now in the CDS Data and Entity side. 

Hope this helps!

abe.

Highlighted

Hi Abe,

Thanks for your answer. Could please explain what you mean with Solution? How can I create a solution and how can I publish it to the CDS?

Best regards

/Adam

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

with CDS now you can create Solutions and CDS is a light way solution builder, if you use the classical version will give you all the options for the Solutions, the following screenshot show where the Solutions options are in the PowerApps desktop, and how I created a custom solution called Abe Request Solution.

solutions-cds.png

also, the following is the way to get to the classic view for the solution.

solutions-cds-show-classic.png

The following is the Classic View for the Solution, this is what Dynamics 365 CE developers and customizers are just to for customizations and packaging, all entities for the solution. 

solution classic view.png

hope this helps you. 

abe 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,733)