cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Model -driven Change the default Filter by to Contain instead of Equals

It would be nice if you would change the Model-driven default Filter by to Contain instead of Equals, then we can start typing right away.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Model -driven Change the default Filter by to Contain instead of Equals

Hi @Yahya, can you share a bit more info on what you are trying to do by change default filter? A screenshot would help. Cheers 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Yahya ,

Do you mean the Quick Search function on the top right of each gird view?

If so, I don't think there is any setting to change the filter criteria from Equals to Contain. However, Use an asterisk before your search to indicate you are looking for something that contains those characters. This is called a wildcard search. So, if you are looking for Bank of America, but you work with a lot of banks, you might consider typing “*America” to find it.

Snipaste_2020-04-29_11-02-05.pngSnipaste_2020-04-29_11-02-32.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi @v-siky-msft , @EricRegnier , I mean the Filter By in the View Column, see image below

This feature is said to be Excel-like, so it should be Excel Like and in Excel, as you know, you start typing right away in the search field to filter for Contains. And as you know, the Filter by is set by Default to Equal, so we will have to be precise but this is not so often what is required. What is required so Often is the Contains and therefore it does make sense set the default of Grid Column Filter by to Contains.

I hope i clarified.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I've just realized that I didn't share this as an idea. Now i did, here is a link

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Model-driven-Change-the-default-Filter-by-to-qu...

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Thanks for clarifying and that makes sense. Good idea to post the idea!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,295)