cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Model-driven apps integration with Teams

How really this work? my tenant is up to date, while i don't seam able to work as in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/teams-integration/teams-collaboration#Twoconnect

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Model-driven apps integration with Teams

You have to have Dynamics 365--it doesn't work with non Dynamics model-driven app. at Microsoft Build they announced that they are working on enhancements to the Power Apps integration with teams, including non-dynamics model-driven apps.

You can copy the URL to a model driven app and add it to a Team via the website option in the channel apps. But it isn't a great approach and does not enable the document integration.

You can also do a lot to integrate your app with Teams via Power automate, such as posting messages and adaptive cards to the channel when a record is updated.

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Yes all I have is Microsoft Power Apps Plan 2, and I refer to model-driven apps that i have created. 

So the integration as described is not for me?

It is disappointing that I need to have license of services I don't need to be able to have a basic thing like the Teams/model-driven apps integration. Same goes on access to Post, Case, and Order entity etc.

Plus, although i am an active member in the community and of a high rank, i have never understood why Microsoft hosts the model-driven under the terminology Dynamics 365 if it was not Dynamics 365.

Another topic, Power automate is designed to deal with +300 connectors and is not a straight forward. It is not a no-code or low code, it needs lot of coding actually.

While in "Dynamics 265", the use of work flow is just a drag and drop, which makes sense for non developers, a feature said will be removed.

I have posted in other instances that CDS needs its own "straight forward" version of power automate. no hearing. 

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Many of the things that start in dynamics eventually make it to power apps too. See the mixed reality features. You will definitely see additional integration points coming with power apps and teams.

there is no drag and drop in dynamics 365 workflow—it is very non visual and if you want to move steps you need to delete them and start over.

plus you can use workflow without dynamics 365–if you go to advanced settings—>processes you have full access to workflow with a plan 2. Background workflows are at some point going to go away, but real time workflows are here to stay.

many flows can be written with no coding, but like with power apps there are some things that need more technical expressions .

thanks for the question, please mark my answer as a solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (5,976)