cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Move data from Custom Entity to Account Entity

I have a Powerapp application which writes data to a custom Entity. I want to move the data from Custom Entity to Account Entity. When there is a user action in my power app Application the data need to be moved to Account Entity.

How can I do that do I need to write a Flow or there is some other method.

Can any one share a sample

Thanks in Advance

Partha

6 REPLIES 6
Frequent Visitor

Re: Move data from Custom Entity to Account Entity

Hi Partha, 
Yes, I thing ist ist the best Way to do this with a Flow with a trigger on update the custom Entity. 
Or if you need more functionality with a logic app. 
If you can do the transfer nightly ( or other intervall) you can use Dataintegration. 

Best regards 
Martin 

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You could also create a workflow within Dynamics 365 to do this. In most cases you could either use Flow or a workflow, and it's as much a matter of personal preference which you use

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kbpartha24 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to add the corresponding entry into your Account Entity when the end user writes a new data into your custom Entity using your app?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think Microsoft Flow may be a easy way to achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:1.JPG

Within the "Create a new record" action, you could specify values from the trigger (using output dynamic content of the "When a record is added" trigger) for these fields in the Account Entity, and then save your flow.

When a new entry is added into your custom Entity, above flow would be fired, and then add related column values into your Account Entity.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Kris

I was abled to move data from Custom Entity to Accounts. But I have attachments in my custom entity. How do I move them along with the data

Thanks for your help

Partha

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Partha, 
did you solve your Problem? 

best regards 
Martin 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Martin

I am not able to solve that problem. If you have any solution please let me know

With Regards

Partha

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,962)