cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
summitb
Level: Powered On

Multi-select drop down for an entity whose values are fetched from other entities

I want to have multi-select drop down for an entity whose values are fetched from other entities in Model-based PowerApps.

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Multi-select drop down for an entity whose values are fetched from other entities

Dropdown controls cannot be multselect. You need to use a combobox control. Ref https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-combo-box
summitb

Re: Multi-select drop down for an entity whose values are fetched from other entities

I need it for the model-based PowerApps. Do you recommend anything?

AbeSaldana

summitb

The multi-select options is a new control in the Dynamics 365 CE and have new features,  however, the control is an option set, only a list of items that you can select more than one option. 

the following is the documentation, I have not tested, but I think this could be applicable to the CDS and Modal Driven apps. 

Documentation for Multi-Select OptionSet

hope this helps

abe.

summitb

Is there a way, where multi-select values are fetched from entities rather than optionset?

Highlighted
AbeSaldana

Out of the box the Multi select field type in the CDS and Dynamics 365 CE are only working with Option Sets, and your escenario will be creating a entity with the values related or not related to the source entity, that will just list the options and make the relationships. 

hope this help. 

Abe