cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jade7669
Level: Powered On

Need to set Regarding field as Opportunity on a Task record with CDS data source

I am trying to update one of my customer's powerapps from using D365 data source to CDS data source.  When I was updating the data source, it didn't create those DataCards for that field like it would for the others, I needed to 'add an item from the Insert tab' instead.  Is this normal or expected?  Also, as I add the 'Regarding' field from Task, I realized 'Regarding' field doesn't give me the option to set the Entity Type like in D365 data source.  How do I set up 'Regarding' field so the data can go back to Dynamics 365 CRM with reference to an Opportunity record?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jade7669

Re: Need to set Regarding field as Opportunity on a Task record with CDS data source

I have found a workaround on this.

I had to insert Combo box item in 'Regarding' field (after it's unlocked)  and make sure this field's Update references what the Combo box item has selected.  Although 'Regarding' field Entity type was never indicated, it went into CRM correctly referencing the Opportunity Entity as planned.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jade7669

Re: Need to set Regarding field as Opportunity on a Task record with CDS data source

I have found a workaround on this.

I had to insert Combo box item in 'Regarding' field (after it's unlocked)  and make sure this field's Update references what the Combo box item has selected.  Although 'Regarding' field Entity type was never indicated, it went into CRM correctly referencing the Opportunity Entity as planned.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (8,867)