KC
Level 8

New CDS features, Power Query Issues

Using my 

Macbook Pro

macOS High Sierra

Version 10.13.3

[BUG] CDS Power Query - Mapping from SharePoint

1. SharePoint Choice fields will not surface in the Power Query Mapper.
  2. Power Query Refresh button - does not refresh with the latest updates from the SharePoint list but instead uses what appears to be the browser cache of data from the initial import. Could only get the new columns and data to appear in Power Query by clearing browser cache and restarting the Chrome browser. Switched to Incognito mode, this seems to help.
  3. Vague Error message: Load to Common Data Service failed. Details: Generic SQL error.. (Job ID: b4c4d427-c4b6-4887-945d-7b16222484af)
  4. Same Query different error message on 2nd try: Load to Common Data Service failed. Details: Input string was not in a correct format.. (Job ID: 37a7038c-ee8d-4239-b728-b13bd4aa9db0)

[BUG] CDS  Power Query - Mapping from OneDrive - Connect to Data Source

Signed in using my Organizational Account received message: You are currently signed in.  Click Next and a Warning message appears: Invalid Credentials , unable to proceed!

[?] CDS Power Query - Mapping from Local Drive - Connect to Data Source

Path does not work , cannot upload Excel data from my MacBook drive. Have not tried this with my Windows machine.

[BUG] Set SharePoint column to a Single line Text field map to Multi select Option Set field: 

Vague Error Message: 

Evaluation failed for Incident: DataSource.Error: We couldn't parse OData response result. Error: Cannot convert a primitive value to the expected type 'Edm.String'. See the inner exception for more details.

No access to “See the inner exception for more details”.

5 REPLIES 5
Power Apps Staff CWesener
Power Apps Staff

Re: New CDS features, Power Query Issues

Adding @millopis and @AngeloMollamefrom the Power Query team.

Thanks,
Clay.
Power Apps Staff AngeloMollame
Power Apps Staff

1. SharePoint Choice fields. Can you please clarify what you mean by Choice fields?

2. Power Query Refresh button does not show latest data. We're investigating on this issue.

3. Vague Error message and 4. Same Query different error message on 2nd try. Were you trying to load text into an Option Set field? That is currently not supported, but will be supported later on. As a workaround for now, you can replace the text values with the corresponding numerical values 0, 1, 2, etc.: select the column, right-click, Replace Values.

[BUG] CDS  Power Query - Mapping from OneDrive - Connect to Data Source. We're investigating on this issue.

CDS Power Query - Mapping from Local Drive - Connect to Data Source. Loading from a local file requires an On-Premise Data Gateway (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/gateway/) which unfortunately is only available for Windows.

Set SharePoint column to a Single line Text field map to Multi select Option Set field. Loading text into an Option Set field is currently not supported, but will be supported later on. As a workaround for now, you can replace the text values with the numerical values 0, 1, 2, etc.: select the column, right-click, Replace Values.

Power Apps Staff

[BUG] CDS  Power Query - Mapping from OneDrive - Connect to Data Source. Are you using OneDrive Personal or OneDrive for Business?

KC
Level 8

Hi Angelo,

Sorry for my delayed response.

1. SharePoint Choice field -  Create Column - Column Type:  Choice (menu to choose from)

3. Vague Error message and 4. Same Query different error message on 2nd try - Were you trying to load text into an Option Set field? Yes

Workaround - This worked, thank you

OneDrive -  this is my dev tenant, I thought this was One Drive for Business but the url says Personal, yet when I go to the One Drive Admin center it says One Drive for Business. ?

Just want you to know, all the hard work you all are putting into these great tools is much appreciated.

Highlighted
Power Apps Staff

Thanks for the feedback!

Some updates:

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (4,427)