cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

ORA-00604 error when creating a connector to a Oracle DB

Hello everyone:

I am getting this Oracle Error when trying to add a oracle connector to power apps, i have triple check credentials and data gateway status looks ok, machine has oracle client installed

have you experienced this before? do you have any hint for a solution? i will really apreciate you help

Regards

Captura.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
DavidJennaway
Level: Powered On

Re: ORA-00604 error when creating a connector to a Oracle DB

This error message comes from Oracle, so it's likely that the problem will have to be resolved at the Oracle side. Often you get a further, more detailed error from Oracle, but this doesn't seem to be the case here.

If you are trying to connect to newly created Oracle tables, this may help: http://dba-oracle.com/sf_ora_00604_error_occurred_and_recursive_sql_level_string.htm

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: ORA-00604 error when creating a connector to a Oracle DB

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I think this issue may be related to your Oracle table rather than PowerApps itself.

The ORA-00604 error occurs while processing a recursive SQL statement. A recursive SQL statement is a statement that is applied to internal dictionary tables.

Please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://www.tekstream.com/oracle-error-messages/ora-00604-error-at-recursive-sql-level-1/

Do you define a trigger within your Oracle DB or the specific table within your Oracle DB? If yes, please consider take a try to remove the trigger from your Oracle DB or Oracle table, then re-create a connection to your Oracle data source from your app, check if the issue is solved.

Note: Currently, within PowerApps, we could not create a connection to a Oracle data source which has configured Trigger within it.

In addition, you could also consider take a try to re-create a new database within your Oracle, then create a new table within it. Re-create a new app, then create a connection to your new Oracle DB, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.