cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaryMThompson
Level: Powered On

Patch/Collect? How to save data fields from a PowerApp

detail screen.png

Early this week I posted Re: Need Help with Calculated Fields .  Quick summary:  I am working on an App that will pull a specific commission rate based on the zip code, and then take that rate, mulitple it by the invoice amount, and then push parts of that data, to a seperate entity, that I will eventually trace back to a pending journal in BC.

With that being said, I have worked through the calculation issues, and now need to get this data extracted, and saved to an excel file.  I want only the fields in red to pull over.   The two top fields (No., and Salesperson) are fields that come from the mapped entity. The $22.5- (Due in Commission) is a text input box, and has a caluclation taking the Amount, and an entity field from the previous screen.

2019-07-16_7-40-04.png

When I use the collection function- it will not pull over this text input field.  When I use a Patch function on the Process button I get an error message about it not being the right data type.

What is the best option for what I am trying to achieve? Patch or a Collection? and how do I get that to work correctly?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MaryMThompson

Re: Patch/Collect? How to save data fields from a PowerApp

I am happy to say that I actually resolved this issue.  I ended up going with a collection approach.  After watching video's on PowerApps 911 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS6mTRlmuls. I realized where I was going wrong in my collection approach.  I was not grabbing the correct DataCardValue.Text.

Here is what I found to be a working solution:

2019-07-16_11-40-03.png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
MaryMThompson

Re: Patch/Collect? How to save data fields from a PowerApp

I am happy to say that I actually resolved this issue.  I ended up going with a collection approach.  After watching video's on PowerApps 911 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS6mTRlmuls. I realized where I was going wrong in my collection approach.  I was not grabbing the correct DataCardValue.Text.

Here is what I found to be a working solution:

2019-07-16_11-40-03.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 69 members 4,461 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: