cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yahya
Level 10

Problem "Get Data" in CDS 2.0 not working

I try Get Data for a basic custom entity with 4 text columns, the wizard works perfectly until the start of importing then i get this error: -

Any idea?

Load to Common Data Service failed. Details: An error occurred while validating input parameters: Microsoft.OData.ODataException: Does not support untyped value in non-open type.
at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.DeserializationHelpers.ApplyProperty(ODataProperty property, IEdmStructuredTypeReference resourceType, Object resource, ODataDeserializerProvider deserializerProvider, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)
at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)
at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OData.CrmODataEntityDeserializer.ApplyStructuralProperties(Object resource, ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)
at System.Web.OData.Formatter.Deserialization.ODataResourceDeserializer.ReadResource(ODataResourceWrapper resourceWrapper, IEdmStructuredTypeReference structuredType, ODataDeserializerContext readContext)
at System.Web.OData.Formatter.ODataMediaTypeFormatter.ReadFromStream(Type type, Stream readStream, HttpContent content, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger). (Job ID: 2c206076-6994-4546-8d1e-a1d22ad86672)

7 REPLIES 7
PowerApps Staff CWesener
PowerApps Staff

Re: Problem "Get Data" in CDS 2.0 not working

Adding @millopis from the Power Query team.

Thanks,
Clay.
Yahya
Level 10

Hi @CWesener and @millopis, and that's for always being available.

I found a resolution that I would like to share, although I don't think this error should exist but here is the reason and how to eliminate.

The reason of this error is that if I create an entity and name as COUNTRY, Name of the primary field cannot be also called COUNTRY. Simple.

If I call the primary field anything else, such as COUNTRY NAME, then power query works perfectly.

Thanks.

PowerApps Staff AngeloMollame
PowerApps Staff

Hello Yahya.

Thanks for reporting this. We will introduce an additional validation rule that indicates that it's not possible to create an entity if it has a field with the same name as the entity itself.

Thanks

Angelo

Apostolis
Level: Powered On

Confirmed issue & fix works, thanks Yahya 

Smitha10
Level: Power Up

I am getting the same error with a different Primary name vs the entity name.  I am training in powerapps and an admitted newbie but I have followed the instructions but I am unable to imort my data.FieldmappingError1.pngDataError1.pngEntity error1.pngError1.png

KyleGarrett
Level: Powered On

I have the exact same issue.

I am also training and taking the same course via EDX.org.

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff dazhang
PowerApps Staff

@KyleGarrettand @Smitha10: sorry for the late reply. Would you mind starting a new thread for this issue, as it's unrelated to the issue that the current thread was created for?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Users Online
Currently online: 265 members 5,484 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: