cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwoelzmueller
Level: Powered On

Problem retrieving full size image from CDS

Hi together,

I have a problem retrieving pictures from CDS. They are all reduced to 144x144 pixel. Any help on this would be highly appreciated. Here is what I've done so far.

- I built an app where I can take a picture of a document together with some further information on that picture. (Picture is still in full size)

- I store everything from PowerApps to CDS using patch-function (works fine)

- I open a gallery showing all pictures incl. data entered. (I can see the picture, but only limited resolution)

- I built a flow that should retrieve picture and store it to OneDrive. (file stored on OneDrive has only resolution of 144x144 pixels.

I could find that CDS stores a thumbnail in that format. It seems that I always load the thumbnail.... but cannot get the full size picture. I read that I could use an URL to get the fullsize image. Unfortunately URL is not provided within the data I can read from flow (only entityimage and entityimageid). URL should additionally contain a timestamp as stated  in the example provided by MS: 

https://myorg.crm.dynamics.com/image/download.aspx?attribute=entityimage&entity=contact&id={ECB6D3DF-4A04-E311-AFE0-00155D9C3020}&timestamp=635120312218444444

Anyone an idea? 

Many thanks in advance

BR

Martin

3 REPLIES 3
mwoelzmueller

Re: Problem retrieving full size image from CDS

Sorry, here a pic from the flow I created 

attachment.png

Lars3

Hi Martin, 

My solution for photos in CDS 2.0 is to save the base64 string. Create a field with Data type "Multiline text" and Max Length 1000000. You do not need any convert function - non-image fields convert imcoming photos into base4 string automatically by itself. 

Please note, this solution is part of my test/training app. I did not implement it into my productive apps yet. Therefore, I do not know how stable saving of strings with length 1000000 is in production.  

Kind regards 

Lars 

mwoelzmueller

Hi Lars,

many thanks. I'll give it a try and will post results soonest.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 283 members 4,717 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: