cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Problem with lookup fields using Dataflow

Hello to everyone. So I am trying to migrate data from  a default env to my sandbox env. using dataflows. I have created alternate keys for all my entites, and in my child entities I have set as alternate key the look up field. Also I created a solution in my source environment(default), exported it and imported it to my destination env (sandbox). So far so good. Then I created a flow first for my parent entity which in my case is Patient , and then one more for the child entity which is Patient Transaction. ( 1:Patient -> N: Patient Transaction). Keep in mind that I'm using load in existing entity setting.

When I create the data flow for the Patient entity, all the fields map correctly. But when I try to map the Patient Transaction entity which is the child one, I can't see the alternate key that I have created, and the Lookup field is not mapped, which causes not being able to import the relationship data. What am I missing here? I'm trying to solve this problem for a week now but still no luck.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Problem with lookup fields using Dataflow

Silly question - the alternate key does exist in both environments? You haven't missed it out of the solution file.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Problem with lookup fields using Dataflow

@ben-thompson  yes, the alternate keys exist in both environments.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,756)