cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dayananthan
Level: Powered On

Relation Explorer in the Model Driven Form does not shows the fields from the related entity

Hi,

I have two entity ( Client, Client Metrics) and under relationship i have created the relationship ( 1:N) but while designing the main entity form ( i,e Client Entity ) I cannot able to see the fields from the Client Metrics. I dont' know what I am missing in the relationship? Since CDS is not having ER diagram. How to make sure a field from one entity is mapped to other entity? 

From one entity form how to get fields displayed from

RelationshipForm.JPGClientMetric.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Relation Explorer in the Model Driven Form does not shows the fields from the related entity

Hi @Dayananthan ,

Please notice that Account entity and Contact entity not only have one relationship.

They have 1:N relationship and N:1 relationship.9172.PNG

That's the reason why Account entity has data from Contact entity and Contact entity has data from  Account entity.

Usually, if you create a 1:N relationship, it will only generate a lookup field in "N" entity. In "1" entity , it will not have data from "N" enitity automatically.

In your issue, Client entity is the "1", so it will not have data from Client Metrics entity automatically.

Or you could try to create two relationship like account and contact entity.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Relation Explorer in the Model Driven Form does not shows the fields from the related entity

Hi @Dayananthan ,

When you create a relationship, it will not generate two lookup fields in both of the entities.

If you create a 1:N relationship, it will generate a lookup field in the "N" entity.

In your example, "N" represents Client Metrics entity. So there will be a lookup field in Client Metrics entity, not in Client entity.917.PNG

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Dayananthan

THank you. What exactly i am trying is like in Account entity forms if you go you can able to see the fields from Contacts entity. So thats what i am also trying between Clients and Client Metrics Entity. Both the entity have client name as Primary Key. But still i cannot able to see the fields from the Client Metrics Entity. So to get the below one what exactly we need to do ? @v-yutliu-msft msft.jpg

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Dayananthan ,

Please notice that Account entity and Contact entity not only have one relationship.

They have 1:N relationship and N:1 relationship.9172.PNG

That's the reason why Account entity has data from Contact entity and Contact entity has data from  Account entity.

Usually, if you create a 1:N relationship, it will only generate a lookup field in "N" entity. In "1" entity , it will not have data from "N" enitity automatically.

In your issue, Client entity is the "1", so it will not have data from Client Metrics entity automatically.

Or you could try to create two relationship like account and contact entity.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Dayananthan

Thank You @v-yutliu-msft . I have one more clarification on the Form Field conditional formatting. In the model drive entity form field based on the field value i need to change its background? Is it possible ? if yes then can you show some sample article or way do that ? I saw the business rules and i can able to throw error when the value is higher that 50 but my case is i just need to give some hightlight or back color need to be changed to red.

Field.jpg

Dayananthan

@v-yutliu-msft any updates or suggestions on how to hightlight field value background to red color in model driven apps?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Users Online
Currently online: 351 members 4,168 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: