cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Relationship fields are not working in CDS 2.0

Hello,

I have created a N:1 relationship between two entities.  In the lookup field of the child entity in my app, I am selecting the primary ID of the parent entity.  However, when I click Save, the field is not getting populated and remains blank.  Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with relationship fields in CDS 2.0

I have also tried using a Patch formula and publishing it, but nothing seems to be working.

Power Apps
Power Apps

Adding @GregLi to assist

Thanks,
Clay.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, @CWesener.

Hi @GregLi.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Yahya Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

after spring update, we point to Primary Name (not Primary ID) field, check that.

beans Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Yahya,

We exposed the relationship column  in our canvas app for testing purposes and we only see the Guid of the parent in the drop down selection.  For example, Parent is customer;  Child is locations 1 :N ;  This relationship creates a column called Customer in the Locations entity ( Child);  When we expose this field on the form for the Child entity, it shows a guid for the parent - attached.  No primary name is in the drop down. So not understanding how to use Primary name.

In CDS 1.0 - this was a whole lot easier as there was also an auto number data field that we could custom use for connecting Parent and child;

Appreciate your help;

Bina

Yahya Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hi @beans, on the Customer Card, change items to read Name, then you are done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Users online (8,164)