cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Saving data from PCF in D365

Hi all..

I have a PCF component with map and I want to save some data from that PCF component in D365 like co-ordinates.

How can I achieve this? 

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Saving data from PCF in D365

Hi @Nusarath_Jahan ,

Do you want to reference property value from the PCF component in your Model-Driven App form/CRM Entity Form?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no direct way to achieve your needs. As an alternative solution, you could consider define a custom JavaScript using Model-Driven App Client API, then you could reference the properties of PCF Component control through JavaScript code, and then populate it in other fields.

More details about using Client API in Model-Driven app, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/model-driven-apps/client-scripting

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Saving data from PCF in D365

Bonjour,

For information, you have two possibilities to save data from a PCF to the CRM:

• By using the properties bound to your PCF and notify this change in the framework.
  • By performing a POST with  XRM API

I'm not sure I understand but if you need to be able to display records based on their coordinates,I imagine that you have made a PCF based on a data set, you have two options:

• Get the coordinates already stored in specific fields of these record (you can implement a workflow with/without calling an external service or just enter manually the data) 
  • Retrieve the coordinates based on the address of these records 

If you can provide more details, I'm sure I can help you more! 🙂

PS: you can check my blog post about PCF architecture  https://www.blog.allandecastro.com/deep-dive-into-power-apps-component-framework-part-3-focus-on-arc...

Hope it helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (6,432)