Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Scanning bar code data multiple location into one data base excel table

Hi, 

I have and inventory of products in different locations across Canada, I need to be able to scan data from multiple location and be able to filter them by location, 

I am able to scan my inventory and sending it to my excel table no problem and adding stock levels I cant seem to find the proper formula from there need to be able to get data from different areas and to be able to views each area and see there inventory.

here are pictures of my data and ios phone screen shot 

data 1.jpgdata 2.jpgdata 3.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Scanning bar code data multiple location into one data base excel table

Hi @Jeanlem ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please show more details about the formula you used in your app?

Is there a location field stored in your Products Table?

Further, could you please share a bit more about the barcode value you scanned? Is it the Product Name?

According to your scenario, I think you want to scan Products from multiple locations/areas, and then want to filter the results based on specific location, is it true?

I assume that there is a Location column in your Products Table, which is used to store the area/location the product is belong to. Then within your canvas app, you could consider scan your Product Name barcode value, to get all related products. After that, you could filter the retrieved results based on selected location value.

Within your app, please add a ComboBox control to list all available locations (instead of Dropdown box). Set the Items property to following:

Distinct(ProductsTable, Location)

Set the SelectMultiple property of the Location ComboBox to false.

Set the Items property of the Gallery to following:

Filter(
       ProductsTable,
       If(
          !IsBlank(BarcodeScanner1.Value),
          ProductName = BarcodeScanner1.Value,
          true
       ),
       If(
          !IsBlank(LocationComboBox.Selected.Value),
          Location = LocationComboBox.Selected.Value,
          true
       )
)

Note: I assume that the BarcodeScanner control is used to scan the Product Name. Please replace above field name with actual field name from your Products Table. If you want to filter products based on Location, you must set up a relationship between the Products and location. In other words, each Product must be bind to specific location, then we could filter it within your app, otherwise, there is no way to achieve your needs.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi 

thanks for your response, I am very new to this powerapps so I am sure that you know what I need maybe I should start my app from the beginning and if you can help me thru it, this is what I need 

nee to scan Products from multiple locations/areas, and then want to filter the results based on specific location in to one excel table 

here is my inventory table what do I need to add to my column my table name is J2G 

data 2.jpg

here in the same table my customer list am I missing columns in this one 

data 1.jpg

After recreating my app adding my table what do I do from there I would need scanner formula and other boxes to achieve my app to work. 

let me know thank you,  

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jeanlem

Have you taken a try with the solution I provided above?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think the solution I provided above could achieve your needs. Firstly, you need to add a additional "Location" column in your J2G table (Inventory Table), which is used to store the Location info for each Product.

After that, you could apply above solution (Filter formula) to your J2G table within your canvas app.

Within your app, please add a ComboBox control to list all available locations (instead of Dropdown box). Set the Items property to following:
Distinct(ProductsTable, Location)

Set the SelectMultiple property of the Location ComboBox to false.

Set the Items property of the Gallery to following:
Filter(
       ProductsTable,
       If(
          !IsBlank(BarcodeScanner1.Value),
          ProductName = BarcodeScanner1.Value,
          true
       ),
       If(
          !IsBlank(LocationComboBox.Selected.Value),
          Location = LocationComboBox.Selected.Value,
          true
       )
)
Note: I assume that the BarcodeScanner control is used to scan the Product Name. Please replace above field name with actual field name from your Products Table. If you want to filter products based on Location, you must set up a relationship between the Products and location. In other words, each Product must be bind to specific location, then we could filter it within your app, otherwise, there is no way to achieve your needs.

Please note that if you want to filter your Inventory records based on Location, you must set up a relationship between the Product and the Location within your J2G Table. Then you could filter these inventory records based on location area. You should generate corresponding barcode value for each product name, then use the Barcode Scanner control to scan the Product name barcode.

Note: You could use the Online Barcode Generator Tool to generate barcode value for each Product

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I tried your formulas and it does not work, 

if you read back my last email can we start from scratch the beginning do you have a step by step this is what I need

• IOS app
  • barcode Scanner need to add a 1 to the inventory when scanned
  • Multiple location with the same inventory 
  • using excel table name J2G for now 
  • I will have 4 column, Customer, Products, Quantity, Location if I need any other columns let me know 
  • I need to be able to filter each location and visualize each stock item
  • Can you send me step-by-step pictures or video and formulas on what to do.

I am spending many hours to do this app but not having success thank you for your help, 

Jean 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jeanlem ,

Please check and see if the following video resource could help your scenario:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRvtp8f9ZtA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj4bVtqJfrk

Best regards,

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi this is no used to me it does not tell me from start to finish you are not able to help me let me know I need to start from the beginning of building the app to the finish product. 

Not sure why this so hard to achieve every one on this forum is always showing pieces of the problem 

see my previous emails 

hope you can help !

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (10,296)