Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
msm8504
Level: Powered On

Setting Lookup Fields in D365 for Sales using CDS connector not working now

Hello,

I recently built a powerapp connecting to D365 for Sales.  I have a simple app connecting to CDS connector using the Account entity with text fields and 1 custom lookup field.  The lookup field value was getting set correctly when creating a new Account, but since this morning it is not working anymore.  There are no errors when submitting record so I can't figure out why this is happening all of a sudden.  Is MS having issues with certain field types in CDS connector today?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
msm8504

Re: Setting Lookup Fields in D365 for Sales using CDS connector not working now

@v-xida-msft 

@ReganMarkwick 

It looks like setting lookups is working now without having to use the patch function.  I had a call wtih Microsoft yesterday who said there was a large customer downtime due to a DNS issue.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ReganMarkwick

We are having the same issue and have logged a Premier Support ticket to chase a resolution.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @msm8504 ,

Do you mean that you could not save value to the LookUp column in your Entity using your app?

The user @hemantkumar has faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Unable-to-set-the-lookup-field-value-using-Pa...

Please consider submit an assisted support ticket for help through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
msm8504

Hello,

@ReganMarkwick has Microsoft been able to help you on your support ticket?  I'm still having issues using the CDS connector and setting lookup values.

@v-xida-msft I don't want to perform a patch operation if I do not have to.  The CDS connector was setting my CRM lookup value without issue 2 days ago by simply just adding my lookup field to my form.

ReganMarkwick

No response yet. However I finished work for the week about 10 minutes after logging the ticket. Hopefully on Monday we get a resolution.

The solution offered doesn’t work for us.

@
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @msm8504 ,

Currently, the issue has been fixed.

I have made a test on my side, the Patch function works well with the LookUp field in my CDS Entity. Please consider try your Patch funciton again within your app, check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-create a new app based on your CDS Entity, try the Patch formula again, check if the issue has been fixed.

If you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
msm8504

@v-xida-msft 

@ReganMarkwick 

It looks like setting lookups is working now without having to use the patch function.  I had a call wtih Microsoft yesterday who said there was a large customer downtime due to a DNS issue.  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,864)