cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Setting proper permissions to use CDS with custom attributes

I have been trying to synchronize data between PowerApps and Project Online custom fields with an OData connection in the Microsoft PowerApps portal.  This should be very possible with a DataFlow connector and the CDS.  In the CDS I went through the steps to get the entity and custom attributes ready and upon publishing my connector which uses OData to retrieve Project data from Project Online I get this error.

There was an error while creating this entity. Details: Failed to create entity with logical name crad4_projectsonline and object type code -1. Exception: Microsoft.Crm.CrmSecurityException: SecLib::CheckPrivilege failed. User: e15eb5af-4136-ea11-a812-000d3a33f5f4, PrivilegeName: prvCreateEntity, PrivilegeId: 341e3ebf-74b8-4335-84f3-7f617bb7d081, Required Depth: Basic, BusinessUnitId: b35341b8-a526-e911-a999-000d3a33bd33, MetadataCache Privileges Count: 3055, User Privileges Count: 703 at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.ThrowPrivilegeDeniedException(IUser user, RolePrivilege rolePrivilege, ExecutionContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.GetMaxPrivilegeDepthForUserAcrossBusinessUnitsInternal(Guid user, Guid privilege, ExecutionContext context, Guid& businessUnitId) at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.SecurityLibrary.CheckPrivilegeGlobalDepth(Guid user, Guid privilege, ExecutionContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.EntityService.<>c__DisplayClass33_0.<CreateInternalHelper>b__1() at Microsoft.Crm.SqlTelemetryHelper.LogSqlTimes(Action action, String operationName) at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.EntityService.CreateInternalHelper(EntityCreateInfo entityInfo, MetadataHelper metadataHelper, ExecutionContext context). [Entity: Projects]

Can someone help me with what permission I should ask of my IT Admins and\or IT Security teams?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Setting proper permissions to use CDS with custom attributes

Hey DDucolonSBUX,

You'll need the System Customizer and Environment Maker roles in the CDS environment the data flow is pushing data to. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Resolver II
Resolver II

Re: Setting proper permissions to use CDS with custom attributes

Hey DDucolonSBUX,

You'll need the System Customizer and Environment Maker roles in the CDS environment the data flow is pushing data to. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,861)