cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RomanKorchak
Level: Powered On

SharePoint list rows quantity limits

Hi

Just looking for some clarification on PowerApps and SharePoint list limits.

If I have SP list with7000 rows and 100 of those have column 'colour' (which is text) set to 'green' 

If I create collection

ClearCollect(MyCollection, Filter(SP_List, StartsWith(colour,"green") ) ) 

Will it select all 100 items with clour set to 'green' across whole 7000 rows or only across first 500 (as per default powerapps limit)?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SharePoint list rows quantity limits

Hi @Edwin-Abdalian ,

Yeah, you are right. If you use delegable StartsWith function within Filter function, the Filter function would return/retrieve all 100 records whose color = green from your SP list (delegate the data process to your SP List itself).

If you use non-delegable function in your Filter function, you would face Delegation warning issue with your formula, then your Filter function would only retrieve first 500 records from your SP List in default.

According to the formula you mentioned, you could get all those 100 records into this collection in your app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Because your formula is delegable to SharePoint, you will be able to get all 100 items from the whole 7000 rows.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @RomanKorchak ,

Do you want to retrieve all 100 records whose 'colour' column set to 'green' into a collection from your SP List?

If you those 100 records existed within the first 500 records (first 2000 records -- maximum value), you could use the ClearCollect function to collect the specific 100 records.

But if those 100 records existed in your SP List randomly, I afraid that the Collection could not achieve your needs.

Currently, there is an known limit with Collection in PowerApps, we could only retrieve 2000 records at most from other data source into the collection in PowerApps app once time.

As an alternative solution, you could consider add a Calculated type column in your list, then set the formula box to following:

=[ID]

set the date type returned property to Number. Within your app, re-fresh your data source, then you could bulk-load your SP list reocrds into multiple separated collections in your app, then merge these separated collections into a single one collection.

Please check and see if the alternative solution mentioned within the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Sort-gallery-with-multiple-fields/td...

After that, you could use the merged collection as data source in your app instead of the original SP List data source. Please consider take a try with above alternative solution, then check if the issue is solved.

More details about the Delegation in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/delegation-overview

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Hi Kris,

now I'm confused. When I use ClearCollect(MyCollection, Filter(SP_List, StartsWith(colour,"green") ) ) 

This part : Filter(SP_List, StartsWith(colour,"green") will be delegated to SharePoint, correct? If I have 100 records with color=green, it should return all of them, regardles of their position in the SP list.

then I add those 100 records to a collection.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Edwin-Abdalian ,

Yeah, you are right. If you use delegable StartsWith function within Filter function, the Filter function would return/retrieve all 100 records whose color = green from your SP list (delegate the data process to your SP List itself).

If you use non-delegable function in your Filter function, you would face Delegation warning issue with your formula, then your Filter function would only retrieve first 500 records from your SP List in default.

According to the formula you mentioned, you could get all those 100 records into this collection in your app.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,505)