Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
aboodhamwi
Level: Powered On

Showing Error message of the CDS Plugin in Power Apps

Hi,

I have a plugin that will check upon activating the quote if it requires management approval, now in Power Apps, once the user is trying to activate the quote, I want to show the error message that throws from plugin, the error table doesn't show this message, but if you check the trace of that call you will see the message

Error Table.jpgTrace.jpg

any idea of how i can get that error message and not the generic one

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Showing Error message of the CDS Plugin in Power Apps

Hi @aboodhamwi ,

Could you please share a bit more about the CDS plugin that you mentioned?

Do you install the Plugin into your Quotes Entity?

Based on the screenshot that you mentioned, it seems to tell that your app could not retrieve error message from your CDS Entity data source.

Please check if you have exposed proper error message Output when developing your Plugin. You could consider open the "Monitor" Tool in your canvas app to detect where the issue is:

3.JPG

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-monitor-to-debug-apps-and-improve-performance...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
aboodhamwi
Level: Powered On

Re: Showing Error message of the CDS Plugin in Power Apps

Hi @v-xida-msft ,

We have this plugin as part of our Sales APP solution (CRM), and it will throw an error 

throw new Exception(message);

and i want this message to be displayed for the user once he will try to do the Patch and not a generic message.

The scenario for us, the sales user will try to active a quote, in the server as a plugin the system will check if it's require approval and then it will prevent the user from activating in case it does, we are using this plugin more than 3 years, so do i need to write the logic of checking in PowerApps, or i can get it work

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Users online (5,817)