I have created a very simple sharepoint list (14 fields) for which I have created, using the Powerapps link above the list on the Sharepoint, a Powerapp to manage (add/change) list entries. Once I created the App, I saved it, and then published it. When I go to run the app, 100% of the time, it hangs on "Getting your data". In other words, it does not work. I have also created an app from a clean canvas, linked it to the SP list, and had exact same result.
Is this a common issue ? Seems like a simple enough thing and it should work. Any ideas, suggestions, appreciated.
(attached image of what I see when I run the app...not much to look at)
Could you please share a bit more about the data structure of your SP list?
Does your app run well in PowerApps Studio In preview mode?
I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.
Please take a try to turn off/disable the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option and "Delayed load" option within the Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.
sharepoint list has 11 "single line of text" text fields, and 3 "person/group" columns/fields, which I have set to "person" specifically. Nothing too interesting. No calc'd fields, no choice, no "nothing complicated".
App has same issue in Preview mode...exactly (just goes into the "getting your data..." mode.
you had a suggestion: Please take a try to turn off/disable the "Improved app rendering (final validation)" option and "Delayed load" option within the Advanced settings of App settings of your app, then re-publish your app, check if the issue is solved.
could you tell me where I find that? I am pretty new with PowerApps (sorry)
More details about the Advanced settings of App settings of your app, please check the following screenshot:
Please also check the attached GIF screenshot for more details:
Hi @v-xida-msft...I did try this, and it did not address the issue. I have since reverted it. It is my opinion that our O365 setup has some fundamental issue preventing it from using PowerApps.
Altho I will say one thing: I tried connecting the list to a phone app style canvas, and it worked fine. But starting from a clean canvas, and using a data connector, it does not. Not sure if that suggest anything. (I just cannot use the phone app...at least, most folks using my app will not be accessing it via phone).
thank you (once again)!