cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Sort Choices Alphabetically - Datacard, CDS

I am pulling some data from CDS Choices field to make a dropdown in a EditForm DataCard. I want to make the dropdown choices appear in alphabetical order. I am currently using the fomula: Sort(Choices('Hazard Type').Value, Ascending)

I have looked at this answer: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Unable-to-sort-with-Choices-field/m-p/263228...

but it doesn't seem to help (yes, i know that i have replaced a comma with a full stop at the end of the brackets, but if i retain the comma, PowerApps throws up an error).  

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Sort Choices Alphabetically - Datacard, CDS

Hi @Cym 

Randy Hays has a post at https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Unable-to-sort-with-Choices-field/td-p/26322... 

Perhaps this will address your issue.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks @Drrickryp , but as I said in my original post, I have already gone through that thread and followed it closely, but it still doesn't seem to work. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@Cym 

I think the CDS choices field you mentioned is OptionSet field, right? And the usage of OptionSet is different from SP list Choices field. But unfortunately, you cannot customize OOB grid(optionset) sorting mechanism in any supported way. You may try to add some number in optionset text if it's allowed then like below.

1.Apple

2.Samsung

3.Nokia

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (7,203)