cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ThomasVDS
Level: Powered On

SubmitForm with lookupvalue gives error 'Value must be a data entity record' using CDS

Hi,

I want to create a new record which contains lookupvalues using the submitform formula.

I use CDS as data source.

I get the error 'Value must be a data entity record' for the lookupvalue (combo box).

On top of the screen I get: 'an entry is required or has invalid value'

How can I solve this?

Thank you!

Submitform issue.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SubmitForm with lookupvalue gives error 'Value must be a data entity record' using CDS

Hi @ThomasVDS ,

Could you please share more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the Training ID ComboBox?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side. Please make sure the Items property of the Training ID ComboBox is set to following formula as below:

Choices(YourEntityName.'Training ID')          /* <-- 'Training ID' represents the LookUp field in your CDS Entity */

Note: The 'Traning ID' represents the Display name of your LookUp filed rather than logic name (e.g. crba2_TaskLists_Task) of your LookUp filed.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-generate a new app based on your CDS Entity, then try above solution again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: SubmitForm with lookupvalue gives error 'Value must be a data entity record' using CDS

Hi @ThomasVDS ,

Could you please share more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the Training ID ComboBox?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side. Please make sure the Items property of the Training ID ComboBox is set to following formula as below:

Choices(YourEntityName.'Training ID')          /* <-- 'Training ID' represents the LookUp field in your CDS Entity */

Note: The 'Traning ID' represents the Display name of your LookUp filed rather than logic name (e.g. crba2_TaskLists_Task) of your LookUp filed.

If the issue still exists, please consider re-generate a new app based on your CDS Entity, then try above solution again, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

ThomasVDS
Level: Powered On

@v-xida-msftThank you very much! It works now!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 197 members 4,489 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: