cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions on users in CDS

I am currently building a model-driven app for an healthcare organization.

The purpose of the app is to follow up on and keep track of mandatory training for the workers. For example all workers that are using equippment X need to attend course Y each year.

The app will be used by managers in each department, in total around 70 workers. The workers that require training is several thousand people. The workers will never open the app, only the 70 managers.

I have some questions regarding this scenario.

1) What is triggering the AAD Users to be synced to the systemuser entity? As it is now, only a few hundred users are in the systemuser entity and i really cant see why some are there but others are not.

2) What is the best way to make sure all several thousand workers are residing in the systemuser entity so that the managers can add courses and follow up on them?

3) We can setup a dataflow from basically all data sources available, but Azure AD is not present. Any one know why? Or what do I miss here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Suggestions on users in CDS

HI @MagnusGöransson ,

For your first question, the Users data within the Users Entity (systemuser) would be synced automatically from your Office 365 tenant.

When you add a new user within your Office 365 tenant, the new added user would be synced automatically into the Users Entity in your CDS.

For your second qurstion, please check the first reply above. The Users data within the Users Entity (systemuser) would be synced automatically from your Office 365 tenant.

For your third question, I think you have some misunderstanding on data source types supported in PowerApps. The data source types supported in PowerApps are Table data source (e.g. Excel table, SQL Table, SP List, etc) and Action data source (Office 365, Azure AD, MS Teams, etc).

Currently, within Dataflows in PowerApps, only the table data source could be used as source data source to import data into the CDS Entity. Within PowerApps app, if you want to get resource from Azure AD connector, you should execute the following formula:8.JPG

AzureAD.GetGroupMembers(...)
AzureAD.GetGroup(..)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @MagnusGöransson ,

For your first question, the Users data within the Users Entity (systemuser) would be synced automatically from your Office 365 tenant.

When you add a new user within your Office 365 tenant, the new added user would be synced automatically into the Users Entity in your CDS.

For your second qurstion, please check the first reply above. The Users data within the Users Entity (systemuser) would be synced automatically from your Office 365 tenant.

For your third question, I think you have some misunderstanding on data source types supported in PowerApps. The data source types supported in PowerApps are Table data source (e.g. Excel table, SQL Table, SP List, etc) and Action data source (Office 365, Azure AD, MS Teams, etc).

Currently, within Dataflows in PowerApps, only the table data source could be used as source data source to import data into the CDS Entity. Within PowerApps app, if you want to get resource from Azure AD connector, you should execute the following formula:8.JPG

AzureAD.GetGroupMembers(...)
AzureAD.GetGroup(..)

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-xida-msft wrote:

HI @MagnusGöransson ,

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

I have spent alot of time on this today and from what I found is that they are automatically created when looking at the systemuser entitie in the Default environment. For all the other environment the users need to have at least the free CDS license under PowerApps Free or Flow Free license pack. After adding the CDS user license they showed up in the systemuser entity in all enviroments. When the license is removed the user are removed from CDS except from the default environment.

That makes sense. However, i need to find out how to extend the 10000 free licenses to something that fit our organization 🙂

Thanks alot!!

/Magnus

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,742)