cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bubblerito
Level: Power Up

Task custom entity hides account

Hi everyone

We have modified task entity in CDS for Dynamics CE to have some more fields.

In PowerApps, I´m working in a Canvas project connecting to CDS entities through CDS connector.

When crating any form that uses task as data source entity, the Account field is not visible. Browsing available fields, I can see there is a "regardingobjectid" field that is a lookup field that links to all related entities, one of these being Account, but there are also other activities.

At PowerApps, when I browse regardingobjectid I can´t reach account entity.

Is there any way to edit accounts when adding new tasks from within PowerApps?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Task custom entity hides account

Hi @Bubblerito ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to specify the Account field value (LookUp field) when you creae a new task within your app?

I have made a test on my side, if you want to specify the Account field value (LookUp field) when you creae a new task within your app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps.

Actually, the Regarding (regardingobjectid) field is a System field in Task Entity, and the Regarding (regardingobjectid) field value is populated by CDS System automatically. The populated Regarding (regardingobjectid) field value is based on current sign in user.

In other words, when you create a new task using your app, the Regarding (regardingobjectid) field would be populated with your account info. When you share your app to UserB, and UserB use this app to create a new task, the Regarding (regardingobjectid) field would be populated with UserB's account info automatically.

If you would like this feature to be improved, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Fourm:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Bubbler
Level: Powered On

Re: Task custom entity hides account

Thanks in advance.

... if you want to specify the Account field value (LookUp field) when you creae a new task within your app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps.

Uff, so I understand there is no way to create a task from PowerApps because there is no way to set the Account. Is it Correct?  Is there any documentation on those CDS fields that I cannot get or set from PowerApps?

Is there any workaround to achieve this? Maybe using a different approach?

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 208 members 4,235 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: