cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft sabinn
Microsoft

Re: The import service is not available: Connection set initialization failed for project ImportServ

Thanks.

Looks like there are mutliple issues - We fixed one and looking into your issue now. 

Appreciate your patience.

Adding @CWesener

sabinn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The import service is not available: Connection set initialization failed for project ImportServ

Hi @sabinn

I am having the same issue . When i am in the app , i can see the data , edit and save them . But when it come to "export the data" i get this "

The export service is not available: Connection set initialization failed for project DMExport_2018_11_15T09_32_28_*****. Error: Service principal couldn't be written" or when i try  "Export to Excel" is an empty file . 
It has been a month since your last update . Are there any new updates ?
Microsoft sabinn
Microsoft

Sorry you are still experiencing an issue. There were 2 separate issues in the past, which have since been mitigated. We hotfixed it across all regions. I am equally surprised that you get same error. We'll take a look at it and get back to you. Appreciate your patience.

sabinn
Rod1
Level: Powered On

I get the same issue "The import service is not available: Connection set initialization failed for project DMImport_2018_12_05T16_54_37_585Z. Error: AX or CRM RuntimeUri was not found"

EdHansberry

Still getting the issue here too. 

The import service is not available: Connection set initialization failed for project DMImport_2019_01_03T16_22_09_697Z. Error: Service principal couldn't be written

I'm a global admin, so that isn't the issue. I have CDS up and running fine in my environment. I am using the PowerApps Community Plan for dev testing/learning. Nothing for production.

I've tried this in an incongnito browser too (chrome) with no extensions. Same error. I cannot even use the Get Data, then click on Excel That too fails with the following:
Annotation 2019-01-03 083200.jpg

tex1

I'm also getting this message: "The export service is not available: Connection set initialization failed for project <specificToInstance>. Error: Service principal couldn't be written". I've tried multiple browsers, no change in behaviour. I also tried to export entities with and without data. The CDS is the one for the "PowerApps Community Plan" and is fully upgraded (9.1.0.1856). I also applied the April 2019 updates to the environment.

Highlighted
Microsoft sabinn
Microsoft

Appreciate the details. We have diagnosed this issue to be specific to the Community edition. We are working with the corresponding teams to figure out a solution.

sabinn
EdHansberry

Thanks. I hope this is fixed. My official support ticket for this was closed as "this was by design" for the community edition. I am not sure what we are supposed to do with the community edition version if the CDS is crippled like this. It honestly might as well not be part of the community edition.

tex1

The fact that the training modules have users attempt this functionality presupposes that they'll get this working again. The "Create a model-driven application in PowerApps" learning path has a sub-module "Get started with the Common Data Service for Apps" where the export is used:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/modules/get-started-with-powerapps-common-data-service/4-impo...

Kea

Any news on this? I am also getting this error!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,391)