cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: The import service is not available: Connection set initialization failed for project ImportServ

And here I am, mid-April 2020 and STILL getting this error which appears to be so-egregious as to warrant an immediate fix. I mean, getting data into and out of Excel is one of the PRIMARY USE CASES of the POWER PLATFORM. innit?

My Federal Government client will be very interested in this boggling non-fix.

PS: It's NOT my browser, It's not my entity, it's the failed import service your end. Please pay attention to these posts.

Highlighted

Re: The import service is not available: Connection set initialization failed for project ImportService

Hi, 

I also have the same problem:

The import service is not available: Connection set initialization failed for project DMImport_2020_05_07T12_28_58_769Z. Error: Service principal couldn't be written

Has anyone gotten a reply on the solution yet? If not, how is everyone with this problem importing the data? Thanks!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: The import service is not available: Connection set initialization failed for project ImportService

It would appear we're speaking into the wind. No response is now the official response I suppose.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Sorry about this guys. Not sure how i missed the earlier posts. Allow us to look into this right away and get back to you with an update/fix.

sabinn
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Are you using the Community Plan? Unfortunately, our service does not support the Community plan.

sabinn
Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

It is really hard to get behind the Community Plan @sabinn when there are limitations like this, and there are other limitations. IMHO, the Community Plan needs to be like SQL Server Developer Edition. 100% functionality, just a limit on usage (connections, etc.)

Makes it impossible to test Power Apps solutions for clients with it broken like this.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I totally concur. As I mentioned, populating test/lab instance with Excel data is an essential use-case for my US Federal client. 
I totally understand the difference between test/lab evaluation instances and production instances. I'm not trying to 'steal' functionality via license exploitation. I simply need to see this Excel import capability working so that I don't have to fat-finger a hundred dang records to dozen different database/tables.  I appreciate Mr. @sabinn is now participating in this conversation. This issue has been hanging in this thread for way too long.  Perhaps we can get some relief. Otherwise I got bad-news for my Fed Client and I don't care to carry that kind of mail... it's career-limiting. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Community plan needs to support import/export to Excel. The number of rows can be limited to a reasonable number like 100.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I didnt know this is going on so long. I agree with the previous posts that If you wanna trial something, just let us try and not let us bumping into a lot of issues like this with all the trial limitations. We see a great potential in this whole power apps/portal, but asfar we know now I am not going to present this to my management. @sabinn 

Highlighted

So please use a more readable error, something saying that this outside your plan or disabling the buttons, but this is really annoying, I had to search in the internet to know what I was doing wrong.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Come join us today! Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (2,717)