cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

There are no apps using this connection...

I've been using custom CDS entities to develop a couple apps, no problems when I'm in the web editor or if I just run the app in a browser but if I try to run it in my PowerApps app it isn't finding the entity data.  The app opens but when I look at a dropdown fed from a CDS entity it's empty, for example.

When I go to Data > Connections > Common Data Service connector > Details > Apps using this connection,  it tells me there are no apps using this connection. Doesn't make sense to me since I have multiple apps currently using common data service. Any help much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: There are no apps using this connection...

Hi @enelson906,

My suggestion would be to go to Data > Connections and remove the connection that you currently have.

image.png

After this, add the connection again by selecting the correct conector and introducing the credentials from an account that has access to the entities that you would like to retrieve.

image.png

Once this is done you can head back to your PowerApp and verify under data sources if you can find your entity. Additionally make sure to refresh the connection and verifying if you are searching in the correct environment.

image.png

Hope this reply helps you!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @enelson906,

My suggestion would be to go to Data > Connections and remove the connection that you currently have.

image.png

After this, add the connection again by selecting the correct conector and introducing the credentials from an account that has access to the entities that you would like to retrieve.

image.png

Once this is done you can head back to your PowerApp and verify under data sources if you can find your entity. Additionally make sure to refresh the connection and verifying if you are searching in the correct environment.

image.png

Hope this reply helps you!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

@rimatos 

Thanks for the response. I've taken all the steps you've laid out and it's still not showing up. The problem I'm having now is that even though I've shared my app with someone they can't see any of the data held in CDS. I've added, removed, re-added, refreshed. 

When I go from the PowerApps menu > Data > Connections > Connector: Common Data Service (current environment) > Apps using this connection, tells me there are no apps using this connection. But I definitely have apps in this environment functioning with common data service entities in this environment. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (8,883)