Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
opticshrew2
Level: Powered On

Unable to Connect

Morning all,

I've creating a Power BI report that connects to the Common Data Service (CDS). When querying the CDS using this URL, "https://<tenant removed>.crm4.dynamics.com" I get the following error:

"The feed's metadata document appears to be invalid. Error: The type Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.contact has conflicting definitions for the property <property removed>"

I've gone into the CDS and located the fields "Manager" (both with the same display name). I have since renamed one to "ManagerName" and the other remains as "Manager".

Any idea why this issue would still be occuring, is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,

J

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unable to Connect

You may still have issues with fields called Manager and ManagerName, as CDS generates virtual fields by adding 'Name' as a suffix for lookups and option sets. Try renaming 'ManagerName' to something else to see if that's the issue

opticshrew2

Hi @v-siky-msft,

We're trying to connec to the Common Data Service using Power BI. However I think the issue sits within the CDS, reason being, we recently upgrades from Dynamics 365 v8.2 to v9.1. I reckon, doing so caused changes to the CDS.

I'm hoping that I come across others with the same error who ideally found a workaround.

Thanks,

J

opticshrew2

Hi @DavidJennaway,

We have a relationship and field both named <placeholder>_manager.

Is that likely to cause the issue?

Thanks,

J

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Users Online
Currently online: 234 members 3,418 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: