cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
opticshrew2
Level: Powered On

Unable to Connect

Morning all,

I've creating a Power BI report that connects to the Common Data Service (CDS). When querying the CDS using this URL, "https://<tenant removed>.crm4.dynamics.com" I get the following error:

"The feed's metadata document appears to be invalid. Error: The type Microsoft.Dynamics.CRM.contact has conflicting definitions for the property <property removed>"

I've gone into the CDS and located the fields "Manager" (both with the same display name). I have since renamed one to "ManagerName" and the other remains as "Manager".

Any idea why this issue would still be occuring, is there something else I need to do?

Thanks,

J

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Unable to Connect

You may still have issues with fields called Manager and ManagerName, as CDS generates virtual fields by adding 'Name' as a suffix for lookups and option sets. Try renaming 'ManagerName' to something else to see if that's the issue

opticshrew2

Hi @v-siky-msft,

We're trying to connec to the Common Data Service using Power BI. However I think the issue sits within the CDS, reason being, we recently upgrades from Dynamics 365 v8.2 to v9.1. I reckon, doing so caused changes to the CDS.

I'm hoping that I come across others with the same error who ideally found a workaround.

Thanks,

J

opticshrew2

Hi @DavidJennaway,

We have a relationship and field both named <placeholder>_manager.

Is that likely to cause the issue?

Thanks,

J

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,603)